I created Habits & Lifestyles out of necessity. At one point in my life, things weren’t going well. I had dreams and desires that went unmet for years.
One day I realized life was passing me by, I wasn’t living. Something needed to change. I decided to start living, going after goals and Created The Life I Wanted.
The process wasn’t easy. It took a lot of hard work. I failed more than once but kept moving forward. There were times when I thought; things would never get right. There were times when I “KNEW” I had it right, but I was wrong. However, throughout my journey, I learned valuable lessons.
The 10 Lessons I Learned
1. Be Obedient-As parents we do what is right for our children. We know when they are ready to move forward and when they need to sit still. We are aware of the genuine behavior and not genuine behavior. As parents, we only want the best for our children. The best is what God wants for us. The only difference is, God is the ultimate parent. He doesn’t make mistakes. God knows what we need and when we need. He knows when we are ready and when we aren’t. It isn’t our jobs to figure out God’s plans for our lives. It is our job to be OBEDIENT.
2. Be True To Yourself-One of the fastest routes to self-hate and depression is pretending to be someone else. When you worry about others peoples grass, it stops you from watering your grass. Love the life you have.
3. Listen To Your Gut– Our gut and intuition are a gift from God. I believe our intuition is like a muscle. The more we use our intuition, the stronger it becomes. Trust yourself and the choices you make. If you are unsure, don’t move right away. Give yourself time to reflect, pray, and seek trusted counsel.
4. Never Use God An Excuse To Make Bad Choices or No Choice– We find ourselves in situations longer than we expect, then say to ourselves and others “God told us to stay.” We tell ourselves the right thing to do is take the abuse or mistreatment. We use God or the bible as an excuse to make bad choices. God has never called us to live in pain, abuse, or neglect. Yes, God uses situations to grow our maturity and spirituality. However, God wants us to live a life of abundance, joy, and peace. We find the latter through His love. Through our relationship with Him.
5. Trust God With All Your Heart-Another gift from God is His love and our ability to have FAITH. Faith isn’t always easy because it is unseen. Faith without wavering gets us through the highs and lows of life.
6. Prayer Works-All prayers are answered. Point blank period. You may not like the answer, but God is faithful. Pray, fast, and believe that God has your back.
7. Embrace Change-Pain comes from trying to be in control. Let go and let God. The only constant thing in life is change. Yes, change is uncomfortable, yet necessary to grow.
8. Know Who You Are-The best thing I did for myself was finding out who I am in God’s eyes. Knowing who I am has opened up a lot of doors. I must admit there is a fine line between arrogance and Godfidence. No worries, God always humbles me.
9. Enjoy The Journey– Don’t waste time stressing about tomorrow. Yes, you have to prepare for the future, but enjoy today. Make a commitment to do your BEST each day and forgive yourself for everything in between.
10. The Habits You Create Determine The Quality Of Your Life– Changing my Habits; Changed My Life. I started making HEALHTier choices, which became HEALTHier Habits. Eventually, my life changed for the better. I initially made the changes because I was lost and in pain. The HEALTHier Habits lead to Self-Care which lead to Self-Love which allowed me to Create the Life I Wanted.